What is it?

I've been collecting unusual objects for quite a while, and several years ago I started posting them on this site as puzzles for visitors to figure out what they are. Most of the items are mine but a few belong to others, if you aren't interested in tools there are plenty of other type objects that have also been posted.

For first time visitors I recommend this archive for a wide variety of some of my best pieces.

Friday, December 03, 2004

207. 1/2" tall

208. This is a close-up of something common.

209. 7 1/4" long

210. Another close-up.

211. 3 3/8" long

212. 6 1/2" long



  • 209. Sculpting tool for clay?

    210. A wood rasp

    211. A die for a press break?


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/03/2004 1:46 PM  

  • 208. Staples

    By Blogger jerry, at 12/03/2004 3:43 PM  

  • 210 meat tenderizer?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/03/2004 9:33 PM  

  • 207 Threaded insert for wood. This type is driven in. sometimes found in furniture but you can buy then hat hardware stores.Russ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2004 1:28 AM  

  • 208 A closeup of a shopvac hose. Russ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2004 1:30 AM  

  • >209. Sculpting tool for clay?

    This answer is very close, but not technically correct.

    >210. A wood rasp


    >211. A die for a press break?

    This one isn't a die.

    >208. Staples


    >207 Threaded insert for wood...

    Yes, it's an insert nut, hammer-in type.

    By Blogger Rob, at 12/04/2004 7:06 AM  

  • 215: valve cap

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/10/2004 6:05 AM  

  • >215: valve cap

    Correct, it's a valve cap with a tool on top

    By Blogger Rob, at 12/11/2004 6:02 AM  

  • 227. Cycle spoke tightener.
    Slides onto the small hex shaped nut that protrudes through the wheel-rim.

    By Blogger tunsty, at 12/17/2005 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home