What is it?

I've been collecting unusual objects for quite a while, and several years ago I started posting them on this site as puzzles for visitors to figure out what they are. Most of the items are mine but a few belong to others, if you aren't interested in tools there are plenty of other type objects that have also been posted.

For first time visitors I recommend this archive for a wide variety of some of my best pieces.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Set 150

860. Approximately 7-1/2" long, pushing the small rod on the right side moves the needle at the top, not sure what this tool is for:

Larger close-up

861. 40" long:

862. 52" long, photographed at an auction a few months ago:

863. A visitor of this site sent in these photos, looking to ID this cylinder shaped object found on a telephone line in northwestern Ohio:

Two of them can be seen below:

864. 10-1/2" tall, another unidentified item submitted by a visitor; it has a one minute timer:

Larger photos

865. 8" long:


Last week's set is seen below, click here to view the entire post:

More discussion and comments on these photos can be found at the newsgroup rec.puzzles.


  • 861 - A double harpoon fork for moving hay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/28/2006 10:00 AM  

  • 862. Chopper. Cogs lift and release arms with blades, springs force blades down to chop whatever is in container which is turned by the other hand.

    By Blogger canem, at 12/28/2006 1:16 PM  

  • 865. Infared thermometer?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/29/2006 1:41 AM  

  • 860: shoe gauge for measuring midgets' feet (joke).

    861: Hay fork for lifting loose hay from hay wagon and moving it along an overhead track to hay mow of barn where a toggle releases the hay and drops it into the hay mow.

    862: Some kind of cheese press??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/29/2006 11:50 AM  

  • >A double harpoon fork for moving hay.

    >862. Chopper...

    >865. Infared thermometer?

    >861: Hay fork for lifting loose hay...

    These answers are correct.

    By Blogger Rob, at 12/29/2006 5:03 PM  

  • the thing with the egg timer looks like some sort of iron you heat
    and use to apply heat and pressure
    to something

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2006 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home