What is it?

I've been collecting unusual objects for quite a while, and several years ago I started posting them on this site as puzzles for visitors to figure out what they are. Most of the items are mine but a few belong to others, if you aren't interested in tools there are plenty of other type objects that have also been posted.

For first time visitors I recommend this archive for a wide variety of some of my best pieces.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Set 199

1097. 4-3/4" long:


1098. 30" tall, patented in 1858, more guesses and yet another chance to win a webcam at Neatorama.

1099. 7" long:

1100. 2-1/4" tall, 1-1/2" diameter:

1101. 6-3/4" long:

With handles fully compressed:

1102. A few more pictures from Simon, 3" long:

To submit photos, click on the profile link at the upper right to find my email address.


Last week's set is seen below, click here to view the entire post:

More discussion and comments on these photos can be found at the newsgroup rec.puzzles.



  • 1097 - tachometer?
    1100 - camera lens case?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2007 5:31 AM  

  • 1099 is a Pike to put on a pole to reach out and pull something to you, or push it away. originally used by boaters, later adopted by fire fighters.

    1100 is a lens case.

    By Anonymous Dave, at 9/27/2007 8:55 AM  

  • 1100. A case for a jeweller's/geologist's loupe?

    By Anonymous Sawdust, at 9/27/2007 9:14 AM  

  • 1099. Boat hook
    1100. Holder for canister of 35mm film. Snaps on to camera strap.

    By Blogger Canem, at 9/27/2007 9:39 AM  

  • I agree about the lens case, and boat hook.
    1101. cartridge injector?
    1102. Jaws for a crimping tool.

    By Blogger Stewart, at 9/27/2007 10:02 AM  

  • 1098 = adjustable pot holder for cooking harth

    1100 I agree with Canem

    1102 vise bending tool for sheet metal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2007 11:31 AM  

  • 1097 - Durometer?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2007 11:44 AM  

  • 1001 metallic ammo hand held press, looks like this one presses in the bullit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2007 4:54 PM  

  • 1100 - I want to say its a container that holds some retro metal drinking cups. Or a yahtzee set.

    1101 - looks kinda like a calking gun, but I don't think it is.

    By Anonymous astrogirl, at 9/28/2007 3:24 AM  

  • Correct answers so far:

    1097. Speed indicator

    1099. Boat hook

    1100. Film canister holder

    1102. Metal bender

    By Blogger Rob, at 9/28/2007 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home