What is it?

I've been collecting unusual objects for quite a while, and several years ago I started posting them on this site as puzzles for visitors to figure out what they are. Most of the items are mine but a few belong to others, if you aren't interested in tools there are plenty of other type objects that have also been posted.

For first time visitors I recommend this archive for a wide variety of some of my best pieces.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Set 243

1369. Around 9-1/2" in length, one long cable held by two metal bars:

Larger image



















1370. About 25" long:

























1371. Submitted by a visitor who is looking to identify this device, it was found in a military surplus store:


















1372. Approximately 28" long, the wood block on the right can be rotated by pulling the cord:






















1373. 48" long, take a look at Neatorama for more guesses on this one:

Larger image




















1374. Another photo submitted by a visitor:

Larger image



































To submit photos, click on the profile link at the upper right to find my email address.




























I'm going to be away from my computer for a couple of days, but the answer page will be posted around 5:00 PM on Friday. The link is below but the page will be blank until the scheduled time.

Answers
























Last week's set is seen below, click here to view the entire post:








More discussion and comments on these photos can be found at the newsgroup rec.puzzles.

6 Comments:

  • 1369: It's a vibration isolating mount for large machinery.

    1370: I'd guess it's a tool for guiding work pieces on a band saw.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/31/2008 5:08 AM  

  • 1372 C'est un miroir aux alouettes.
    Servait à attirer les alouettes pour les attraper

    By Blogger Ø, at 7/31/2008 7:24 AM  

  • 1370 is indeed a work feeder for a vertical bandsaw. we have two at work for our bandsaw.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/01/2008 6:48 AM  

  • 1371 -- I think it is an antenna mount assembly for vehicle mounted radios
    (there is an antenna mounting assemebly that sort of looks like that one)

    1372 -- either a childs toy or a bird lure, the mirrored bird lures that I
    have seen had a different shapped head (usually ovoid), butit looks very
    similar

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/01/2008 7:49 AM  

  • 1369: I agree with brian, I've seen them used on the bottom of computer racks in submarines.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/01/2008 8:43 AM  

  • I think that it is my favorite bike in parts just before my upgrade at bicycle motor

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/26/2010 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home