What is it?

I've been collecting unusual objects for quite a while, and several years ago I started posting them on this site as puzzles for visitors to figure out what they are. Most of the items are mine but a few belong to others, if you aren't interested in tools there are plenty of other type objects that have also been posted.

For first time visitors I recommend this archive for a wide variety of some of my best pieces.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Set 162

933. 2-1/2" wide:

934. 4-1/4" tall:

935. 1-3/4" long, top and side view, more guesses on these two at Neatorama.

936. Approximately 6" long:

937. 36-1/2" tall:

938. 12" long:

From Stan's collection

939. 14-1/4" long:


Last week's set is seen below, click here to view the entire post:

More discussion and comments on these photos can be found at the newsgroup rec.puzzles.



  • 933. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_loaded_camming_device

    By Anonymous DanMo, at 3/22/2007 5:57 AM  

  • 933 climbing aid
    934 tool for cutting thin samples
    for lab work
    936 pencil sharpener938 tool for weeding between paving stones

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 7:25 AM  

  • Music stand for siamese twins

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 7:52 AM  

  • 935 are caltrops.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 9:31 AM  

  • 937. A bookstand for thicker books.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 9:37 AM  

  • Calthops is right. Made popular by spy movies and Ninjas. They will always land we a sharp side up. You throw them out while while being chased by a villian and they cut up there feet or blow a tire, depends on their prefered method of transportation. AZLynch

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 9:51 AM  

  • 939 - slide projector, maybe?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 1:28 PM  

  • 938 is for taking the black caulking out from the seams of a boat's teak deck.

    By Anonymous Nancy Birnes, at 3/22/2007 3:13 PM  

  • 938 is a hook for moving fish around in the hold, or on deck....works with frozen as well as slippery ones...LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2007 6:45 PM  

  • 934:
    Anonymous is right...it is called a microtome; 939: I believe is a very early slide projector, probably used glass slides; also correct I believe for 933, 935

    By Anonymous miikebob, at 3/22/2007 8:45 PM  

  • 935. bardbed wire inserts. those logged between a pair of twisted wires.

    also, i think others are right. except maybe the last one. could be a theatre spotlight.

    By Anonymous franiola, at 3/23/2007 5:59 AM  

  • 935 is japanese caltrops, called tetsubishi, or makibishi, used by ninjas against foot soldiers (not cavalry or cars)




    By Anonymous Mordred, at 3/23/2007 6:30 AM  

  • 939 could be a lime light projector

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2007 2:57 PM  

  • They've all been answered correctly except for number 938, please see the answer page for more info.

    By Blogger Rob, at 3/23/2007 5:30 PM  

  • 935 look like caltrops.

    By Anonymous gizmogal, at 3/24/2007 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home